Thursday, June 28, 2007

Renewed Mind

I'm at camp this week. And every time I'm privileged to go to camp, there are always a few things that I excitedly prepare for: getting to know teenagers, sweating a lot, and getting some time alone with God. The latter is my favorite.

It seems that I get more excited about spending some good QT with God when I'm getting ready for camp. I'm not sure why I don't have that passion on any normal work day, but that's not really the purpose of this blog. I digress.

At this particular camp, the band, "Pocket Full of Rocks" is doing the music portion of the worship service, and it's been amazing. They lead authentic worship, and are really cool people to be around. They're straight-up anointed.

In the middle of one of the services, I sat down to contemplate what God was doing in my heart at that moment. I began to think about the big job God has set before me, and the shoes that I have to fill. I started to think about programs, and talks, retreats and camps. I know where my focus is "supposed" to be, but to be honest, it can be shifted.

God, though, in the middle of a worship service, began to work on my heart and remind me to simplify it all to prayer. I was able to breathe easier knowing that I was not the one doing the work, and that the job didn't fall on my shoulders. In fact, the job NEVER fell on my shoulders. God ALWAYS had it. If I'm going to do anything, it's through the power of God working IN me. May we never forget where the power for catalyzing a generation comes from.

"The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much." - James 5:16

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I'm always trying to do things on my own, too. That was a good reminder. Simplify. I like it.