Thursday, October 4, 2007

Catalyst Day 1

After listening to the podcast of the aforementioned organization in the title for around a year, I've finally been able to experience the conference, and it's been nothing short of earth-shattering, at least metaphorically in my own self.

Tonight was one of those nights that makes you question your recent existence; not so much the existence itself, but what on earth have I been doing with it?!

Mainly through the words of Francis Chan and Rick Warren, I was blindsided (yes, as I was hit by a Mack Truck in the middle of an intersection), upon the realization that I've been ignoring those most important to Jesus - the poor, broken, disenfranchised, etc. I guess I just thought it was the thing most of the pastors were ripping off each other's sermons for this moment in time, that we'd all start talking about "the oppressed."

Tonight I was hit with the one thing I can't argue with - Scripture. Apparently, James talked about something along the lines of caring for orphans and widows, not to mention the countless times in Jesus' ministry He told them to either give someone a cold cup of water or to heal people.

I could go into the details of what went down, but I'll end it with this...

my life is about to change in a drastic way, and that means the ministry I'm apart of is also about to change in a drastic way. I'm privileged to have experienced one of those revolutionary moments in your life where you know you've just received direction, or at least a small glimmer of what your future in God's plan is going to look like, except it's all too crazy to digest at the moment.

I'm pretty pumped to say the least - and that's all I have to say about that.

No comments: