Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ready for Battle

On Wednesday, March 19, in the ten10 service, I saw God move...and He moved big.

Thoughts flood to mind, but they all filter into one...

God is empowering it. He loves it. It's spreading His love, and therefore, He anoints it.

Broken souls. Unabashed worship. Hands high as if reaching for a tangible Father.

Wow...what an experience.

And if I'm honest with myself, I hope it doesn't happen again, because we want it to happen, and because we can manufacture it. But God, may you break our souls every week, so that we can remember what we live for. So that we can remember why we were

born
created
sacrificed for
given abundant life
prayed for
loved.

In moments like this, I remember why I live. I remember why the bad times are worth it. I remember the passion of my youth. I can remember what it feels like to just run to you.

This can't be created. You moved, and you moved big. I'm in awe.

I've been taught that we exist in a continuous cycle of 3 stages:
In the good time before struggles :: In a struggle :: Just outside of a struggle gone by

As much as I just want to sit in awe of the love you have for us, I have to be ready, prepared for battle - knowing that around the bend, a force much stronger than I is lurking, waiting for my moment of weakness, so that he can capitalize on it, and steal my joy.

So I'm ready. I'm ready for battle. Satan is real. God is too. Bring it on :).

No comments: