Friday, September 5, 2008

new.

So, it's pretty hard for me to slow down. When I don't slow down, I start to morph into someone I shouldn't be. Not only that, I begin to put God on the backburner, and schedule Him in when the time allows.

Why can't I just follow God?

I've been teaching on fresh starts, and I've been feeling quite convicted. So much so, that immediately after the first talk on leaving the past behind, and saying "yes" to what God has for me, I walked straight to the back of the room and buried my face in my hands, knowing that I was most guilty in the room. I'm not sure if you know the pain that guilt brings like I experienced, but I felt it, as if it were a physical weight on my shoulders.

I spent some time in prayer and reading this afternoon, and God brought me to a few thoughts out of 2 Corinthians 5 - being made new. Out of my reading and prayer time, though, I was refreshed by one, singular principle:

God's mercies are made new each day. Every single day, He is anxious to walk with me.

Screw up as I may, He is always, unthinkably ready to embrace me.

And that, my friends, is the truth that lifts the weight every time.

Wherever you are, whatever struggles you're mucking through, remember that God, in His never-ending (think about that)...never...ending...love, is so ready to give you strength.

May you seek Him today.

No comments: