Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Proverbs 16

I sat down today to read Proverbs 16, and wasn't quite ready for what happened. I've read this chapter many times, but today I've seen it in a special light (and THAT is why I know that God's Word is living and active). I won't break all of it down, but I want to share with you one short contrast that changed my perspective a little today.

v. 7 - When a man's ways are pleasing to the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.

I've read Daniel, and know the story of every time God delivered him. I read the Gospels, and have discovered that God will even break you out of jail if that's what He wants.

But this was new.

I love a lot swirling around my head about what this means to me, but am anxious to hear your thoughts. Or, if you have something else to share - go for it!

it's just fun to re-discover Scripture again...

No comments: